Friday, February 4, 2011

Little Lucy





Our little Lucy was born on October 15, 2010. Three days before my 30th birthday so ..technically I had her when I was 29. Go me! She was born weighing 8 lbs 8 oz. 20 3/4 inches long. She was 10 days overdue so we had to induce and I was only in labor a short nine hours from the start to the end. We were told that we couldn't have children because the Cowboy had testicular cancer in 2004. He went through chemo and lost all of his hair. He about didn't make it. We just never thought children were in the picture. Even dating we were always saying, "This (the three of us) is our family." In February of 2010 I started to feel really tired. I had no energy. I kept going to the bathroom every five minutes. I went in and got blood work done. I thought...what is wrong with me. She said, lets do a pregnancy test just to be sure. Ok you crazy lady, I just told you that I could not get pregnant. But ok...we'll waist that money and do a pregnancy test so you guys can get paid more. I was rehearsing what I would say when she came back and said 'no you are not pregnant'....when she came back and said, "You are pregnant, that's why you are so tired and keep throwing up." So this is our little miracle baby. The one that the Cowboy thought he would never have. I told him that he deserved a little girl from all the rowdiness he did when he was younger.

No comments:

Post a Comment